Friday, April 06, 2007

BETA Version or BETTA (BETTER) Version

This is the definition of a BETA version from Wikipedia

"A beta version is the first version released outside the organization or community that develops the software, for the purpose of evaluation or real-world black-box testing."

However thanks to the shop assistant (let's call him Shopii) at the Game Station where I just purchased my Nintendo Wii (for the kids...if you haven't played one you REALLY need to....) I think I have hit upon a better definition.

This is how the conversation went....

Mii - "Do you know what I need to do to get my Wii on-line"

Shopii - "Great news - it is all built in - if you have wireless at home then you are up and running"

Mii - "Cool - this Wii just gets better and better - I had assumed that would need to buy another box"

Shopii - "One word of warning the Browser is a BETA version - which means that it is gonna get BETTA !!!"

Mii - "Cool Dude - Bye (actually I didn't say this bit as I was laughing too much)"


Now I think this is a MUCH better definition of BETA....we are releasing this software to you and it is going to get BETTA...perhaps this is what Microsoft have been doing all the time....we thought BETA meant almost finished....but they meant we need to make it better :-)

Roll on BETTA software....Thanks Shopii

No comments: