SAP are focused on providing both Innovation and Evolution to customers. The era of AND was introduced which I think is a good message to the SAP install base that they can move at the pace that makes sense to their business.
Evolution was provided in the following ways :-
- The release of NetWeaver 7.30 allows form the simplification of the SAP Java landscape (Portal, CE, PI)
- Project "Gateway" allows the opening up on SAP systems back to 4.6c if required
- In memory databases (called HANA) allows for the non-disruptive adoption of this technology alongside existing solutions
Innovation was provided in the following ways :-
- The release of NetWeaver 7.30 provides new features which can be exploited as part of an upgrade included improvements to BPM, Look and Feel, throughput performance and simpler operation.
- Business Objects 4.0 brings both the Business Objects and the SAP portfolio together in a harmonised release, tools like Event Insight combined with In-memory database technology opens the possibility of true real-time analytics on massive data sets.
- SAP are investing heavily into the cloud and more solutions will be made available in this area included ByDesign, light-weight apps (e.g Carbon Management) and River for light weight cloud composites.
- Finally Sybase tools are in the process of being blended into the mix to allow all of the above to be "unwired"
So we are in the era of AND....